Thursday 13 September 2018

You are Loved



Another sweet experience yesterday:  Before the temple patrons entered the Celestial room where I was assigned, I was reading in the Book of Mormon, and came across the phrase in Helaman 3:1 “…there was no contention among the people of Nephi save it were a little pride which was in the church, which did cause some little dissensions among the people”.  Instead of enjoying the beauty and peace of that room, I had been kicking myself for my attitude in Preparation meeting and the mistakes I had made in organizing the sisters’ work.  I had had “a little pride” that had added to “some little dissension” in the temple.  I was feeling repentant and sad, when I had a strong thought that didn’t feel like my own mind, “You are loved even when you are wrong.”  That brought tears to my eyes, as I realized that I am still basing my self-worth on my performance.  I am loved by my Father in Heaven and His Son when I do well and when I make mistakes, when I am humble and teachable, and when I am arrogant and bossy (who, me??).   Nothing can change His love for me, and it does not depend on my performance.  He is Love, and He loves each of us perfectly.  And when I feel His love for me, it makes it easier to humble myself and admit that I am wrong, that I need help, that I need Him.  And then I can forgive myself and learn and grow.  It’s so humbling and so wonderful to be here.  We are so blessed!

3 comments: