Saturday 19 May 2018

Mother's Day 2018



Mother's Day was been really enjoyable here in the Philippines.  Everyone we talked to at all during the day wished me a Happy Mother's Day, and every adult woman was wished "Happy Mother's Day" often.  No standing up in the chapel at the end of Sacrament meeting, though.  No public mother-guilt! 

I had been invited to a Mother's Day luncheon held at noon, after the church meetings were done.  I wanted to go to later church meetings so I could talk with more of my family, but I have been playing the piano for Relief Society for the Busay Ward which meets at 9 AM.  So I went to the Busay Ward Relief Society at 11, played piano, and stayed for the potluck Mothers' Day lunch (cooked by the mothers!).  It was delicious, and our chocolate chip cookies were a hit.  Cookies are a real treat, since few families have an oven; electricity is so expensive here and incomes are so low.  The Primary children came and sang-- just as adorable here in the Philippines as Primary kids at home.   Then we attended Apas Ward in the afternoon, where chocolate bars were handed out at the end of the meetings. 

And of course the highlight of my Mothers' Day was being able to talk with all our children and most of the grandkids.  We are so thankful for technology!

Here are the Primary children singing to the mothers at the luncheon.  Aren't they adorable?  Note the uninflated balloons taped to the stage curtains.  Filipinos like to decorate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment